In our series about soccer trading cards and stickers, the latest collection we share is the 1983 Panini soccer sticker album, which is for the 1982/83 season.
For me, personally, it’s a memorable album because it’s the first vintage one I’ve been able to finish. It took about two years to complete after swapping stickers with soccer fans around the world via the Last Sticker website, as well as buying the missing ones off eBay. I completed the album in 2020 — approximately 37 years after it was published!
The 1982/83 season is important in the history of English soccer because it was Liverpool at their height. In this season, Liverpool won the league and manager Bob Paisley retired after having won several European and domestic titles in his nine years in charge of the Reds.
It was a season that saw Manchester City, Brighton and Swansea get relegated to the second division.
Watch our walkthrough of Panini’s Football 83 completed collection featuring soccer stickers from many stars of English soccer including Liverpool’s Kenny Dalglish, Manchester United’s Bryan Robson, and many others in the video below:
Articles from our series focused on soccer trading cards and stickers:
• Soccer trading cards: Why it’s time to consider investing in the hobby
• What makes soccer trading cards valuable, and why and how to get them graded
• Collecting Panini’s Euro 2020 stickers is a perfect accompaniment to watching the tournament
• Where to buy soccer trading cards, and how hobby and retail boxes are different
Videos: Unboxing of soccer cards and stickers
• 2020/21 Obsidian soccer cards
• 2020/21 Topps Museum Collection: UEFA Champions League
• 2018/19, 2019/20 & 2020/21 Topps Bundesliga stickers
• 2020/21 Panini Prizm Premier League trading cards
• Euro 2020 Panini stickers
• Panini Chronicles box break featuring Neymar autograph
• Orbis World Cup 1990: The greatest soccer sticker album of all time
Author: Christopher Harris